Intent is focused on business advantage while providing understanding on complex systems and information. This requires translation between technology and strategy. The goal being reasonable options – seemingly simple portrayal does not hide but rather conserves so that multiple views can be taken during the decision process.
Clear direction with an end-goal perspective so that achievement is measured both during and between work cycles. Technical Vision services include:
- Business process review and interviews with key business experts
- "Vision" document creation (core requirements, features, and constraints)
- Business modeling
- Technology Recommendations
Current systems and development efforts are evaluated with findings categorized into distinct capabilities for use in strategy development.
- Documentation of current and planned systems
- Categorize in-house development efforts into distinct capabilities for use in strategy development and partnership negotiations
- Integration assessment
- Skills assessment
- Future impact analysis
The philosophy is business goal oriented. Project transparency coupled with a hands-on, technical approach provides strong leadership and meaningful accountability. Work is kept on track and early reporting enables management guidance.
- Project charter – Definition, scope, objectives, organizational structure, key stakeholders
- Project plan – Schedule, milestones, task assignments, allocation
- Staffing – Skill requirements, interviewing, assessment
- Configuration Management – Documentation, version control, system platform, non-functional requirements
- Quality – Methodology, planning, assurance Operations plan – Training, maintenance, post-production deployment
- Legacy Replacement – Business continuity, IP preservation, conversion
- Methodologies - RUP, agile, unified, waterfall
Copyright ©2007 Gary Samuelson, All Rights Reserved.