Intent is focused on business advantage while providing understanding on complex systems and information. This requires translation between technology and strategy. The goal being reasonable options – seemingly simple portrayal does not hide but rather conserves so that multiple views can be taken during the decision process.
- Business process review and interviews with key business experts
- “Vision” document creation (core requirements, features, and constraints)
- Business modeling
- Technology Recommendations
Project Management and leadership
The philosophy is business goal oriented. Project transparency coupled with a hands-on, technical approach provides strong leadership and meaningful accountability. Work is kept on track and early reporting enables management guidance.
- Project charter – Definition, scope, objectives, organizational structure, key stakeholders
- Project plan – Schedule, milestones, task assignments, allocation
- Staffing – Skill requirements, interviewing, assessment
- Configuration Management – Documentation, version control, system platform, non-functional requirements
- Quality – Methodology, planning, assurance Operations plan – Training, maintenance, post-production deployment
- Legacy Replacement – Business continuity, IP preservation, conversion
- Methodologies – SCRUM, agile, unified, waterfall